Academic, Education & Scientific Organisations
- SelectedWorks SelectedWorks for Institutions. "Libraries face increasing pressure to provide relevant research services to faculty. With SelectedWorks faculty profiles, the library collaborates with authors to create compelling online scholarly identities, share scholarship, and measure impact."
- Tourism Journals title search The online platform for Taylor & Francis Group content. "Taylor & Francis have been publishing academic research since 1798 and on an open access basis since 2006. We offer a broad range of author options, enabling authors to publish their material in quality open access journals with a high degree of peer review integrity." TandFonline Open Access
- SAGE Publications "is an independent international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media. Known for our commitment to quality and innovation, we are a world leader in our chosen scholarly, educational, and professional markets." All visitors of SAGE Journals are welcome to search SAGE journal articles using the advanced search feature. No subscription or registration is required for any searches or for access to any article abstracts. Sage tourism search results.
- UNEP Sustainable Consumption and Production Branch The Sustainable Consumption and Production Branch works to promote sustainable resource management in a life cycle perspective for goods and services produced and used by governments, business and civil society. "The United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) adopted the 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP). This is a concrete and operational outcome that responds to the 2002 Johannesburg Plan of Implementation (JPOI) which calls to all stakeholders to "Encourage and promote the development of a 10-year framework of programmes (10YFP) in support of regional and national initiatives to accelerate the shift towards sustainable consumption and production to promote social and economic development within the carrying capacity of ecosystems...". Download reports and case studies.
- Pacific Asia Tourism "We work throughout the Pacific islands and Asia region and occasionally in Africa. We have a particular interest in the least developed countries where tourism is almost universally the leader in economic growth, foreign exchange, investment and job creation. We offer international sustainable tourism project management, planning, policy, implementation and destination media."
of Tourism Research "Annals of Tourism Research is a social sciences journal focusing upon the academic perspectives of tourism. While striving for a balance of theory and application, Annals is ultimately dedicated to developing theoretical constructs. Its strategies are to invite and encourage offerings from various disciplines; to serve as a forum through which these may interact; and thus to expand frontiers of knowledge in and contribute to the literature on tourism social science. In this role, Annals both structures and is structured by the research efforts of a multidisciplinary community of scholars."
- ATLAS, European Association
for Tourism and Leisure Education "The European Association
for Tourism and Leisure Education (ATLAS) was established in 1991
transnational educational initiatives in tourism and leisure."
You need to be a member or join the email list to get more information,
but the publications appear useful and economical.
- Centre for Science and Environment,
India "The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable." Excellent web site with links to stories, issues
and research of interest on the subcontinent. A must
- "The EUCC Coastal Guide "An information service of the EUCC aimed at professionals in coastal management, planning, conservation and research in Europe. Our mission: Provide help in finding and accessing the best available information."
- International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) "ICOMOS is an international non-governmental organization of professionals, dedicated to the conservation of the world's historic monuments and sites." English and Français.
- The International Society of Travel
and Tourism Educators "The International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators is an international organization of industry professionals in travel, tourism and related fields representing all levels of educational institutions, ranging from professional schools and high schools to four-year colleges and graduate-degree granting institutions. We are a nonprofit international organization dedicated to improving the quality of education and research in the travel, tourism and hospitality industries by promoting the exchange of information, ideas, and outstanding service to our members."
- IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, "...is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together".
- The Mountain Forum "... is an online media with more than 18 years of activities, focus in Sustainable Mountain Development (SMD) around the world. We cover national and international activities and issues among news, social media reporters and specialized and opinion articles.."
- The Institute for Tourism "is the only scientific public institute in Croatia specializing in research and consultancy services in tourism. Its expertise is based on scientific work, permanent research activities and the continuous education of its multidisciplinary team." Site in English and Hrvatski, with tourism data, studies and the TOURISM journal.
- TOURISM GEOGRAPHIES: An
International Journal of Tourism Space, Place and Environment. "The
aim of Tourism Geographies is to provide a peer-reviewed forum for
the presentation and discussion of geographic perspectives on tourism
and tourism-related areas of recreation and leisure studies. The plural,
Geographies, is used to express a sensitivity and effort to reach out
to the diversity of perspectives that fall under this subject matter,
including both academic and applied research, regional traditions from
Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and other parts of the world, and
disciplinary approaches from geographers and related professionals,
such as anthropologists and other social scientists, landscape architects,
urban and regional planners, and environmental scientists and managers."
- Studies in Travel
an international, refereed journal that encourages multi- and cross-disciplinary
scholarship on travel texts. It welcomes essays on travel writing in
its broadest as well as its conventional sense and aims to serve as
a forum for discussion and debate about primary materials and methodologies.
It promotes both recovery research and theoretical approaches. Without
restriction on period or region of study, the journal allows for specific
contexts of travel writing to be established and for common features
to be identified." Abstracts of selected text from previous issues
with contents lists and subscription details.
Tourism and Hospitality Education
Educations.com: Hotel Tourism and Leisure Tourism: "Educational courses in hotel, tourism and leisure, from vocational training diplomas to four year university degrees, are becoming ever more popular and are being offered in more and more locations." A comprehensive
database of tourism and hospitality training and degree courses around the world.Search by industry, course type and global location.
- University of Canberra UC Library Guides » Tourism & Hospitality Management "Links to materials on tourism, including ecotourism, environmental management, hospitality industry, tourist trade and travel industry."
- Monash University Library Library Guides Tourism Australian Tourism Links to tourism related web sites, and also Monash theses and 3rd party Thesis databases and repositories
- Murdoch University (WA) Tourism and Events Management at Murdoch University Library: links to recommended Tourism and Events Management websites.
- University of Otago (NZ) Tourism Research publications "Tourism at Otago produces a number of high-quality research publications." Books, Journal articles and conference contributions are listed, with an archive from 1998.
- Univeristy of Queensland "Free online resources for secondary schools: Tourism" A useful guide to general tourism resources suitable for high school students.
- USC Library Guides Tourism, Leisure & Events University of Sunshine Coast library guide with links to hospitality, traval and tourism journals, organisations and industry groups
- The Parliamentary Library "...is part of the Department of Parliamentary Services and provides services to senators, members, their staff, the staff of parliamentary departments and the Governor-General. The first library services were delivered to federal parliament in 1901 and continue to provide significant support to parliament and the democratic process." Federated Search Results for "tourism" past year.
See also Ecotourism Associations
and Organisations, Industry
Associations and Societies, Newsgroups
and Email lists, Outdoor
Recreation and Adventure Activities and Tourism