Big Volcano® (Wollumbin) Visitor Guide
Information about Australia for Visitors
- An introduction to Australia, Located south of the equator, Australia is bounded by the Indian Ocean to the west and Pacific Ocean in the east.
- About Australia - Commerce Information about Australian commerce and retail trading for visitors.
- About Australia - Hazards You may encounter hazards of the climatic and animal kind, even in the parks and reserves of towns and cities, but especially if you go bush or head off the beaten track.
- Driving in Australia Information about Driving in Australia, with travellers tips and general information for visitors about road travel in Australia, including driving distances between capital cities and major destinations.
Information About this Region for Visitors
- About this Region Spanning the New South Wales and Queensland state borders, the area is located in the far north eastern corner of the state of New South Wales (NSW), with the state of Queensland (QLD) immediately to the north.
- About this Region - Getting Here Easy to get to and well served by plane, road and train services, the region is within 90 minutes drive of an international airport at Brisbane, the state capital of Queensland (QLD) , and just a hop (literally!) across the QLD/NSW state border from the Gold Coast Airport at Coolangatta.
- About this Region - Tourist Information It's no surprise that this region, with more than 250 days of sunshine each year on average, and its year round mild and subtropical climate, is one of Australia's favourite holiday destinations.